Saturday, April 6, 2013

Uncommon Seed - Uncommon Blessing


The end of 2012 brought to completion a word my pastor released to the church out of Isaiah 37:30-32 that would span over three years.

This shall be a sign to you: You shall eat this year such as grows of itself, and the second year what springs from the same; Also in the third year sow and reap, plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them. And the remnant who have escaped of the house of Judah Shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward. For out of Jerusalem shall go a remnant, and those who escape from Mount Zion. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.

I personally can say this word has come to pass in my life and the lives of many others that I know personally. I believe it has been a church wide happening, the body of Christ.

Enter 2013…

I’m at home first Saturday of the New Year and decide it’s time to go outside and rake more acorns. Yes, acorns. I have three oak trees on my property. I bought the home three years ago, but this was the first time the trees put out acorns that seemed to be endless. I’m not talking about a few acorns here and there. I’m talking about acorns falling all day and all night for months! I could hear them falling in the middle of the night on the roof of the house, bouncing off the vehicles in the driveway and raining down on the concrete. It became a very common thing to get hit in the head with acorns if you dared to go outside…but the sky was not falling. Ha ha.

The acorns were so abundant that it was killing the grass in the back yard and the driveway was just blanketed with a sea of acorns. Our vehicles left a trail of cracked acorn shells out of the driveway and down the road…no joke. So I started raking them up and sweeping the driveway and patio, but as soon as I gathered them up, the ground was covered with them again, and again, and again… I put out so many bags of acorns over several months for trash pick up that I stopped counting at 80 bags.

So now I am going outside again to gather them up…again, but this time as I am walking down the driveway to work my way from the front of the property to the back, I see the sea of acorns and in my heart I feel a rumble to grumble rising up. I am about to start complaining about how I hate acorns, but what came out of my mouth was, “No, this is the blessing of the Lord!” The Lord immediately responded and said, “Yes it is My blessing and it represents the completion of the three-year prophecy out of Isaiah:

…also in the third year sow and reap, plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them… and the remnant who have escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward and bear fruit upward…

I grabbed a few acorns off the ground to put them on the desk in my prayer room to be a reminder to me. As I was looking at them, he spoke these words:

Many are experiencing abundance in many ways, but some are not able to overcome their complaining to see the blessing I have released and rained down on them. Complaining about the work required to gather the blessings has blinded some and caused them to become envious of the blessings others are walking in. They see the blessing in the lives of some around them, but are blind to the blessing in their own lives. Regardless, many are taking root down deep and bearing up much fruit. The acorns you hold in your hand now and have been raking for weeks represent the abundance of seed to sow, which I have prepared for my people in this New Year. I have already provided it and I have already blessed it…it will come to pass. It is very important this year not to confuse your seed for bread. Your seed is to sow and your bread is to eat. Practice asking me about your finances and resources, how much is seed and how much is bread. If you eat your seed you will eat your blessing, but if you sow your seed you will become a great blessing to many. The seed I give this year is an uncommon and powerful seed. When you ask and pray to me for something always ask – Now Father, what’s the seed and where should I sow it? Then trust and obey.

So I am looking at the acorns in my hands wondering if these represent abundance and 2013’s seed is uncommon and powerful, what does that seed look like? I purposed in my heart to sow more and in many ways. The very next day my mother said she wanted show me something my sister from Dallas sent. She opened a bag and pulled out a couple of acorns, but these were not normal acorns. It was obvious they were very abnormal or uncommon acorns. I began to laugh so hard and the Lord said, “This is what 2013’s seed looks like Samuel so don’t confuse your seed for bread.”


He gave me these verses to confirm his word.

Haggai 2:19 NLT
I am giving you a promise now while the seed is still in the barn. You have not yet harvested your grain, and your grapevines, fig trees, pomegranates, and olive trees have not yet produced their crops. But from this day onward I will bless you.

Zechariah 8:12 NIV
The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people. 

Sow uncommon seed and be an uncommon blessing!

My pastor is Pastor Tony Krishack at Victory Christian Center on Cutten Rd in Houston, Texas.